What is it?
Academic Mentoring helps students become self-starting, independent, and organised thinkers capable of managing their workload.
Our Ivy-League educated mentors create personalised coaching plans to meet each student's needs.
Mentors regularly meet with students to keep them on track, and students receive a personalised course on our e-learning platform to track their goals.
What Motivated us
With nearly twenty years of test preparation and university advising since 2005, we understand the challenges students face in motivating and organising themselves to study with their increasing workloads. We also recognize the difficulty of stopping work when it becomes unproductive. That's why we created a service to support students in starting and maintaining their study process.
Mentoring has a rich academic history, dating back to Ancient Greece. In the Odyssey, Homer introduced Mentor as the trusted guardian of Telemachus, while philosophic writings by Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle further exemplify the importance of mentorship. Throughout the centuries, the principles of guidance, respect, and wisdom have endured in mentor relationships. Notable partnerships in the twentieth century include Steve Jobs with Mark Zuckerberg and Maya Angelou with Oprah Winfrey.
An Academic Mentoring case study
How we designed it
Our Academic Mentoring starts with an intake consultation with our Academic Director Charlotte McKechnie, who sets goals for the student based on their desired improvement.
The student is then matched with a mentor who shares their academic interests. Initially, longer and more frequent sessions are held to establish new working methods.
As the student becomes more independent, mentor and student meet once a week with check-ins in between for ongoing support.
Ideal for goal-oriented students seeking academic planning and coaching to excel in exams.
- Personalised Academic Plan with targeted goals and deadlines
- Support for improved time management, goal-setting, school performance, and homework completion
- Strategic guidance for school or extracurricular projects
Ideal for students seeking guidance in exam preparation, the Medium Support package provides study skills, tools for self-discipline, and the opportunity to develop lifelong habits for achieving goals.
- Personalised Academic Plan with targeted goals and specific timelines
- Support to enhance academic, time management, and goal-setting skills for excellent school performance
- Guided assistance for revision and homework management
Ideal for younger students or those seeking comprehensive support and structure.
- Personalised Academic Plan and timeline with targeted goals for planning, revision, and leadership success
- Assistance in developing a personal academic brand for future US college applications
- Support to enhance foundational and targeted academic skills for top-class school performance
- Comprehensive assistance with revision and homework management
- Coaching for superior communication, organization, and prioritisation skills
Hourly Mentoring clients still receive a personalised, detailed Academic Plan with a personalised Academic Goal timeline and targeted goals and support from the mentor between sessions.