What is Academic Mentoring?
Academic Mentoring helps students become self-starting, independent, and organised thinkers capable of managing their workload.
Our Ivy-League educated mentors will talk to you about your current learning strategies, create personalised coaching plans to meet each student's needs, and provide accountability and encouragement as new ways of learning are adapted.
Academic Mentoring Benefits
Our academic mentoring programme will provide you with the skills and experiences you need to succeed. Our mentors provide personalised support and guidance including regular meetings to keep students on track and a personalised course on our e-learning platform to track their goals. By investing in academic coaching, you'll gain access to a wealth of benefits, including:
What motivated us
With nearly twenty years of test preparation and university advising since 2005, we understand the challenges students face in motivating and organising themselves to study with their increasing workloads. We also recognize the difficulty of stopping work when it becomes unproductive. That's why we created a service to support students in starting and maintaining their study process.
An Academic Mentoring case study
Our approach to Academic Mentoring
Our Academic Mentoring starts with an intake consultation with our Academic Director Charlotte McKechnie, who sets goals for the student based on their desired improvement.
The student is then matched with a mentor who shares their academic interests. Initially, longer and more frequent sessions are held to establish new working methods.
As the student becomes more independent, mentor and student meet once a week with check-ins in between for ongoing support.
Our Academic Coaching packages
The light academic support package is ideal for goal-oriented students seeking academic planning and coaching to excel in exams.
- Personalised Academic Plan with targeted goals and deadlines
- Support for improved time management, goal-setting, school performance, and homework completion
- Strategic guidance for school or extracurricular projects
The medium academic support package is ideal for students seeking guidance in exam preparation. It provides study skills, tools for self-discipline, and the opportunity to develop lifelong habits for achieving goals.
- Personalised Academic Plan with targeted goals and specific timelines
- Support to enhance academic, time management, and goal-setting skills for excellent school performance
- Guided assistance for revision and homework management
The premium academic support package is ideal for younger students or those seeking comprehensive support and structure.
- Personalised Academic Plan and timeline with targeted goals for planning, revision, and leadership success
- Assistance in developing a personal academic brand for future US college applications
- Support to enhance foundational and targeted academic skills for top-class school performance
- Comprehensive assistance with revision and homework management
- Coaching for superior communication, organization, and prioritisation skills
Our hourly academic mentoring is suitable for students seeking targeted guidance on their academic portfolio, revision approaches or school projects.
Hourly Mentoring clients still receive a personalised, detailed Academic Plan with a personalised Academic Goal timeline and targeted goals and support from the mentor between sessions.
Guiding Your Journey from Start to Finish
If you are new to US universities and the application process, we offer a free 15-minute session to guide you. Whether you are unsure about attending a US university, curious about your chances, or making a last-minute decision, our team is here to provide guidance and support.